Sunday, March 14, 2010

(my headphones should play) your voice

speak to me
hold my hand as you
talk with me
keep my head up
so you can speak to me
i'll stay awake just don't hang up
cause i wanna hear you speak

well can you sing
all those lies would be much prettier if you would
sing to me
put the slander to a melody
i don't care what you say
as long as it's for me
just just just sing

oh my memory fails me
that mp3 is so boring
what do i remember
that mp4 i've heard it all before
why can't my headphones play your voice
they should play your voice in my head
why can't my headphones your voice
my headphones should play your voice
back to me when you're gone
so i can sleep
so i will dream
of your voice

even when you scream
woah! you scream so loud
even when you scream it calms me down
so scream
and yell
and shout
and pound your hands on me
anything
just scream just scream just scream just speak just sing
it helps me

oh my memory is failing me
that mp3 is so boring
my mp4 i've all that crap before
play my headphones play your voice
play my headphones play your voice
come on headphones why won't it play your voice
back to me when you're not here


when you're not here
i want your song in my heart
i want your lies in my head
just lie to me just lie to me just lie to me just lie to me just lie to me
oh i'll believe
as long as it's your voice
those three words
are even sweeter when you don't mean it
just lie to me
you know i'll believe

shhhhhh
shut off that mp3 or 4 or 5
break my headphones
turn on my memory
i don't wanna hear your voice near me